Friday, March 30, 2012

Lion Brand Yarn 240 205L Sock Ease Pretty scratchy...not impressed.


Lion Brand Yarn 240-205L Sock-Ease Yarn, Cotton Candy
  • Yarn is 75% wool and 25% nylon
  • Weight category: 1 Super Fine: Sock, Fingering, Baby Yarn; 3-1/20-Ounce (100 g), 438 yd (400 m); Each skein measures approximately 7 by 3 by 3-Inch
  • Machine wash; Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F
  • A traditional fingering-weight sock yarn designed to produce flowing color patterns in a sophisticated palette
  • Great for socks, scarves and other accessories, Sock-Ease is finished with aloe vera to soften your hands as you knit or crochet
  • Pretty scratchynot impressed. I bought this to knit a pair of socks as a gift. I was looking for an inexpensive ivory superwash and this fit the bill. When I got it I was disappointed by its scratchiness. I decided that I couldn't use it for a gift but I kept it to use for a future project.
    Lion Brand and Amazon are a winning team Living 30+ miles from the nearest craft store can be frustrating so I was thrilled to see sock ease on Amazon. I love Lion brand sock yarn. It is very smooth and strong washes well doesn't fade and lasts forever. I have some socks knit with LB sock yarn over 7 years ago that are still going strong without any mending. Being an Amazon prime member means I can have sock ease at my door in 2 days without any shipping fees and without driving 70 miles.
    excellent yarn & I bought 3 skeins in different colors You get no surprises with Lion Brand Yarns as they're manufactured for reliability. I've used other brands for socks but keep coming back to Lion Brand SockEase. It's tightly spun and doesn't separate while knitting washes up wonderfully in the machine and doesn't need special handling. Plus it wears like iron. Amazon.com got my order here 5 days before the projected delivery date and I didn't have to drive anywhere in the process. No wonder Amazon.com is prospering in today's economy.
    Very nice to knit with.. Very easy and smooth to knit with I found no knots in the yarn.I knit a pair of little socks and am working on another pair from the same ball.


    Yarn is 75% wool and 25% nylon.Weight category: 1 Super Fine: Sock, Fingering, Baby Yarn; 3-1/20-Ounce (100 g), 438 yd (400 m); Each skein measures approximately 7 by 3 by 3-Inch.Machine wash; Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F.A traditional fingering-weight sock yarn designed to produce flowing color patterns in a sophisticated palette.Great for socks, scarves and other accessories, Sock-Ease is finished with aloe vera to soften your hands as you knit or crochet..


    Related Products
    • 2 pack of Soft and Slim Color 988 Rainbow Sprinkles Nice for socks I just bought this yarn in Licorice for a pair of socks. It is a very soft blend the wool in it making it much easier to work with than straight up bamboo. It is also stretchy enough to make a decent ribbing on the cuff. I am ...Read the full

    • Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K Slides Through Yarn Like Butter! I learned to crochet on Boye hooks many years ago. I still have one Boye hook I bought years ago. So when I began to crochet again I bought a set of Boye hooks. Big mistake! I think Boye hooks have declined in quality the new hooks ...Read the full

    • Lion Brand Yarn 480-098H Nature's Choice Organic Cotton Yarn, Almond Really nice yarn I'm a beginning knitter but this is already one of my favorite yarns to work with. It is soft and knits up beautifully. I've had several people remark how nice it was then express surprise when I told them it was Lion Brand ...Read the full

    • Clover Takumi 7-Inch Double point, Size 8 Very nice knitting needles! I'm rather partial to the Clover brand needles as a lot of my knitting needles are this brand. They're just very nice. I have both regular and circular needles from Clover that I've used before now and these are ...Read the full

    • Sock Loom Book (Leisure Arts #5651) Good book but no DVD This book is a nice intro to how to knit socks with the pictured loom. Great instructions some nice beginner sock patterns. The first sock I used a Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight yarn cottonno stretch and the ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Lion Brand Yarn 240 205L Sock Ease Pretty scratchy...not impressed. Post a Comment

    yarn yarn cotton Popular Posts