Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lion Brand Yarn 482 110C Recycled Not Impressed-Skein was much less than I though it would be


Lion Brand Yarn 482-110C Recycled Cotton Yarn, Marine
  • Weight Category: 4 Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn; 3-1/20-Ounce (100 g), 185 yd (169 m); Each skein measures approximately 6 by 2-1/2 by 2-1/2-Inch
  • Spun from soft recycled cotton, this yarn is perfect for baby clothes, lightweight garments, and even washcloths
  • 72-Percent Recycled Cotton, 24-Percent Acrylic, 2-Percent Other Fiber
  • Machine wash; Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F; Dry Clean, any solvent; No bleach product may be used; A machine dryer may not be used; Item may not be smoothed or finished with an iron
  • Made from cotton fabric pieces that would otherwise be discarded when fabric is cut to produce tee-shirts, our Recycled Cotton yarn reduces waste and conserves resources
  • Poor Listing On Amazon This isn't so much a comment on the yarn but the listingTry as I might I am unable to find some of the basic yarn information required to purchase yarn for a project. The listing does not list the gauge care instructions or yardage. Without this information I would never buy a yarn online I might take a guess if I were viewing it in person.
    Great product bad price I actually found this yarn via another website. The Amazon price is grossly inflated and this yarn can be found much cheaper elsewhere.As for the yarn I have used it for sweaters and dishcloths. It works wonderfully for both. Knits and crochets well. It does seem a bit thinner than other worsted weight yarns I have worked with but it is pretty heavy in weight when worked up. It's also important to note that they yarn colorway is usually a blend of two or more colors the blue is dark blue and a turquoise pink is pink and white the sand color is a light and dark brown etc. It adds a lot of depth and texture to the piece without complications of intarsia or changing yarn colors a lot. I love it and would recommend it to one and alljust from another source where it is less expensive.
    lots of strands that want to unravel I can see why this yarn will be discontinued soon it was very frustrating to work with as the strands wanted to unravel. I used to make a bath set and it did hold up well to washing and the friends who I made the items for liked it. Good finished project just difficult to work with.
    Recycled Lion Brand Yarn Seagrass I like the idea of using recycled products. This yarn was not as heavy as I expected and had a loose twist. Once I got use to it it was easy to work with. I had to used a smaller crochet hook and adjust the pattern in order get the size slipper I wanted to make. I would use the product again for something that needed to drape well. I would not use it for something that would get hard use such as a dishcloth.
    Like it! This yarn has a very nice texture. Have not tried washing it but I like the feel of it and the colors are soft and earthy. Wish it wasn't so spendy.
    Badly spun I found this yarn to be very difficult to work with because it is too loosely spun. The individual plys in the yarn separated and split easily.
    Not ImpressedSkein was much less than I though it would be Very Expensive for quantity. Thread is finer than normal 4 ply worsted. Skein is small. On the good side it saves the environment and is very soft. It would take quite a few to do a large project though.


    Weight Category: 4 Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn; 3-1/20-Ounce (100 g), 185 yd (169 m); Each skein measures approximately 6 by 2-1/2 by 2-1/2-Inch.Spun from soft recycled cotton, this yarn is perfect for baby clothes, lightweight garments, and even washcloths.72-Percent Recycled Cotton, 24-Percent Acrylic, 2-Percent Other Fiber.Machine wash; Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F; Dry Clean, any solvent; No bleach product may be used; A machine dryer may not be used; Item may not be smoothed or finished with an iron.Made from cotton fabric pieces that would otherwise be discarded when fabric is cut to produce tee-shirts, our Recycled Cotton yarn reduces waste and conserves resources..


    Related Products

    No comments:

    Lion Brand Yarn 482 110C Recycled Not Impressed-Skein was much less than I though it would be Post a Comment

    yarn yarn cotton Popular Posts