Friday, July 27, 2012

Lion Brand Yarn 790 399 Homespun Beautiful color, soft

Lion Brand Yarn 790-399 Homespun Yarn, Apple Green
Lion Brand Yarn 790-399 Homespun Yarn, Apple Green Read more...

  • Machine wash; Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F; No bleach product may be used; A machine dryer may be regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting; Item may not be smoothed or finished with an iron
  • 98-Percent Acrylic, 2-Percent Polyester
  • Homespun is a uniquely textured yarn that works up quickly and easily; From shawls to sweaters to throws, this yarn can't be beat for softness and sheer touch-ability
  • With solids, heathers, and beautiful self-striping "painterly" colors, Homespun comes in gorgeous shades you'll love
  • Weight Category: 5 Bulky: Chunky, Craft, Rug Yarn; 6-Ounce (170 g), 185 yd (169 m); Each skein measures approximately 10 by 3 by 3-Inch

  • Nice Yarn! And I'm a Beginner This is my second project since learning to crochet and I haven't even finished the first one. I like the yarn. What's the point of going through the labor of homemaking an item that lacks tactile appeal feels like plastic like most acrylic yarn? Homemade things should feel soft and homey.It is a mistake to try to keep the stitches tight. I struggled with it until I learned to relax the stitch. You can dang near ruin a skein if you try for really tight stitching.
    Beautiful color soft This yarn is so soft and the colors are beautiful blends that give the item a nice variety. Thank you.
    Not for begginers I got the Saffron and the Golden skeins and working with them it's HARD!!! I was able to work with them with no major issues but it hurts my heart that it's difficult to difference the stitches maybe I'm more amateur than I think ._.
    3 stars for the yarn zero stars for the price! That is an outrageous price for this yarn which is widely available at craft stores and with 40% off coupons there is never any reason for paying more than a few dollars per skein. Okay got that out of the way.Homespun is a lovely acrylic yarn with which I have a love/hate relationship love it for its texture and amazing colors hate it for its sometimes slippery squeaky splitty fuzzy or downright stubborn qualities. Some skeins work up perfectly some are just impossible to deal with. I discarded one entire skein because it was so uncooperative even after frogging cutting and starting the project over several times! And yet my favorite scarf is made from Homespun and it worked up in a flash.This is not a yarn for absolute beginners but novices may find it very satisfying to work with the colors are wonderful the texture hides a multitude of mistakes and it is soft and very comfortable to wear next to the skin.
    Way overpriced!!! This yarn is completely overpriced!! They sell this at Michael's or AC Moore or almost any craft store for almost a third of this price! Unbelievable.It's nice yarn but save yourself some $$. Go to the craft store or order direct from Lion Brand for only $7.50 per skein.
    Quick and Fluffy I have made several items out of this yarn. It is great for hats scarves cowls afghans and anything else warm you can create. The yarn is bulky weight and works great with a larger hook/needle. I often use the N/P hook and create afghans with simple stripes in a basic single crochet. In just a few hours you have a giant afghan that is beautiful and warm. It is excellent for last minute Christmas gifts! The yarn does have a tendency to come unwound at the ends so make sure you don't wait too long to tie them in. In due time the created items will get a bit fuzzy but they stay together and warm.As for the Lagoon color it is a great bright blue/teal. It does not have a self striping pattern like other homespun yarns.
    Pretty Yarn Costs a Pretty Penny I love to crochet! I recently made a hat and scarf for our pastor's wife with the Homespun Parfait yarn. The yarn is lovely and very soft! It makes great 'wearable' gifts. But I don't understand why it is so pricey! I usually only buy Homespun when I am crocheting something special for someone as a gift but for my 'everyday' crocheting I stick to the less expensive brands.
    Makes the best baby blankets I love making baby blankets for my friends with this yarn. I love the colors that are variegated so the blanket has beautiful gradient tones of whichever is the main color in the yarn. My favorite that I've used so far is the color called Parfait. It's such subtle and lovely tones of pink and cream. It's just gorgeous. I have found though that this yarn works best with big knitting needles. I use size 17 when I'm knitting with it.
    Price totally off line!!! The pricing of this yarn is totally off line. Not even the manufacture Lion Brand charges more than $7.49 per skein. Knock off $10!!! Don't cheat people with your greediness.
    overpriced! I love this yarn but have never paid over $4.99 a skein. I have problems finding it in Canada except at Michaels where it is between $4.99 and $7.99 depending on the sales.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Lion Brand Yarn 480-207N Nature's Choice Organic Cotton Yarn, Curacao Really nice yarn I'm a beginning knitter but this is already one of my favorite yarns to work with. It is soft and knits up beautifully. I've had several people remark how nice it was then express surprise when I told them it was Lion Brand ...Read the full

    • Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn - Sapphire Soft and Silky
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Susan Bates Silvalume Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K Slides Through Yarn Like Butter! I learned to crochet on Boye hooks many years ago. I still have one Boye hook I bought years ago. So when I began to crochet again I bought a set of Boye hooks. Big mistake! I think Boye hooks have declined in quality the new hooks ...Read the full

    • Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky DN500-01 Almond (3 Ounce; 109 Yards) by Premier Yarns Thick is great for mittens! This is the best yarn for mittens! After being frustrated using other yarns I'm so happy I found this yarn. I love this yarn because it is thick and doesn't split. ...Read the full

    • Lion Brand Yarn 135-203W Hometown USA Yarn, Mardi Gras Excellent Yarn! This yarn is perfect for loom knitting. It's also great yarn if you want to finish your product quickly whether or not you're loom knitting. This yarn is very soft and makes beautiful stitches. Buy this yarn! You'll be happy ...Read the full

    • No comments:

      Lion Brand Yarn 790 399 Homespun Beautiful color, soft Post a Comment

      yarn yarn cotton Popular Posts